Elderly woman rescued from Bath flat fire

  • Published

An elderly woman has been rescued after a fire broke out at her flat in Bath city centre.

Two crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called to the first floor property in Kingsmead Court just before 0200 GMT on Sunday.

A service spokeswoman said firefighters took the woman to safety and gave her oxygen. They also rescued her dog.

She said the cause of the fire at the sheltered housing property was believed to have been accidental.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.