Bristol flat fire 'started accidentally'
A fire in Bristol that killed a man and left a woman critically injured is believed to have started accidentally.
The fire broke out in a flat in Fishponds Road on Saturday night.
A man was brought out of the flat by fire crews but died at the scene. A woman was rescued and taken to hospital with potentially life-threatening burns and remains critically ill.
Avon Fire and Rescue said it believed the fire started in the first floor bedroom at about 20:40 BST.
At its peak, 55 firefighters tackled the fire, which was in a flat above a restaurant and shop.
A spokesman for the fire service said the first floor and roof space of two flats were significantly affected by fire and a number of other properties were affected by smoke and water damage.
The death has been referred to the coroner.