Bristol

Teen dies from suspected drugs overdose at Bristol club

Motion nightclub Image copyright Google
Image caption The teenager died after a night out at Motion nightclub in Bristol

A teenager has died from a suspected drugs overdose at a nightclub in Bristol.

The 19-year-old, from the Newport area of Wales, died in the early hours of Sunday morning.

It is believed he took a form of MDMA at Motion nightclub in Avon Street, Avon and Somerset Police said.

The force has warned people not to take any tablets marked with the word "Tesla".

Motion nightclub said in a statement the man was taken to the medical room in the club where he was immediately treated before an ambulance arrived.

It added it was "deeply saddened" to hear of his death and extended its "deepest sympathy to his friends and family at this sad time".

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites