St Ives beach sex assaults suspect charged
A man has been accused of carrying out two separate sex attacks on a beach during which two women were choked.
The attacks happened on Porthminster beach, in St Ives, Cornwall, on 23 August and 19 September.
Clinton Ferreira, 37, from St Ives, was charged by police on Saturday and appeared at Truro Magistrates' Court.
Mr Ferreira, originally of South Africa, who is next due to appear at Truro Crown Court on 14 January, did not enter a plea.
Mr Ferreira, who was remanded in custody, is charged with:
- Attempting to choke, suffocate or strangle
- Attempting to choke, suffocate or strangle with intent to rape
- Sexual assault of a female aged 13 and over
- Attempting to rape a woman aged 16 or over
- False imprisonment
- Making indecent images of children