Coventry & Warwickshire

Fire tackled at Warwick workshop building

Fire scene in Warwick
Image caption Smoke from the scene could be seen across Warwick, witnesses said

A blaze has ripped through a workshop in Warwick, damaging half the building.

People living near the Precision Exhibitions building were told to stay indoors because of a risk of asbestos in the air and possible gas explosions.

Up to 25 firefighters were sent to the workshop in Nelson Lane at shortly before 0630 BST on Tuesday.

Andy Thompson, from the fire service, said: "The main gas supply to the building was on fire. We've had that isolated."

Smoke from the fire could be seen right across the town, witnesses said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites