BBC News

Warning after methadone lost in Rugby park

Published
image captionThe drug is considered dangerous
Police have issued a warning after a bottle of methadone was reported lost in a Warwickshire park.
The drug, which is a heroin substitute, was reported lost by a prescribed user in Caldecott Park, Rugby, police said.
The 490ml bottle of green liquid was inside a blue plastic carrier bag, which also contained a pizza.
The drug is dangerous and could cause great harm to anyone, especially children, who ingest it, a spokeswoman said. Police have searched the park.
The spokeswoman added: "They are appealing to anyone finding the bottle containing the green-coloured methadone, to hand it into the police station, to a pharmacy or a doctors' surgery."