Dog rescued from bungalow fire in Long Eaton

  • Published

Firefighters who spent more than three hours tackling a blaze at a Derbyshire bungalow rescued a dog from the property.

Emergency crews were called to the building on Wilmot Street, in Long Eaton, at about 0250 BST on Sunday.

A fire spokeswoman said the roof was well alight, causing it to spread to a neighbouring property.

Crews wearing breathing equipment brought the dog to safety and there were no reports of any injuries.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.