Devon

Two rescued after being trapped by fire in Devon

Two people have been rescued from a house fire in Devon after they were trapped upstairs by flames.

Fire crews were called to the house in Chapel Place in Ermington, near Ivybridge, just after 0115 GMT.

Crews found the fire in the ground-floor kitchen and brought it under control, allowing them to get the occupants out of the building.

The two people were treated by an ambulance crew. There were no reports of serious injuries.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites