Devon

Neighbour rescues Plymouth woman from house fire

A woman has been rescued from a house fire in Devon by her neighbour.

Three fire crews and an aerial platform were sent to the blaze in the North Road West area of Plymouth just before midnight.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the woman was treated by paramedics for the effects of breathing in smoke.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus to tackle the fire. The brigade said the cause was accidental.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites