Firefighters rescue man from house fire

  • Published

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus have rescued a man from his burning home in Bournemouth.

Crews were called to the property in Axford Close at about 0330 BST on Thursday. They found a fire in the conservatory.

The man was rescued from the second floor of the house and treated by paramedics.

Station manager Simon Tattersall said it was thought the fire was started by a discarded cigarette.

He said: "This gentleman has had a very lucky escape. If you're going to smoke please make sure everything is extinguished before you go to sleep."

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.