Bournemouth flats evacuated due to hairdressing salon fire

Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth Image copyright Alex Deutsch
Image caption The blaze is understood to have started in the rear of the premises

Twenty residents in Bournemouth have been forced to leave their flats after fire broke out at a hairdressing salon.

The fire on the ground floor of the salon in Old Christchurch Road started shortly before 09:00 BST.

Firefighters said the blaze at the rear of the building was believed to have started from a fuse box.

Old Christchurch Road in Bournemouth was closed in both directions between the Stafford Road junction and the Wootton Gardens junction.

A British Red Cross team is offering assistance to residents from the four-storey building.

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites