The funeral of a man who was killed in an attack in Spain will finally be held eight years after his death.
Stephen Mallon, from Bournemouth, died in 2009 while on holiday near Malaga.
His body was brought back to the UK, but the Dorset coroner could not release it until legal processes in Spain had been completed.
An inquest in Dorset on Monday recorded a conclusion of unlawful killing. The family were told they could now cremate Mr Mallon's body.
His widow Teresa Mallon said the family had been through "a living nightmare".
She said: "We can now arrange a funeral and a goodbye for Steve.
"We really need that to recover and move forward."
Rachael Griffin, senior coroner for the Dorset area, apologised to the family.
In a statement she said it was something "beyond their control".
The 49-year-old was staying at the family's Spanish villa with his two teenage sons when they were caught up in an assault outside a bar.
The roofer suffered serious head injuries and died in hospital after being in a coma for 12 days.