Jack Gudge death: Police rule out new inquiry
Police have said they will not reopen an inquiry into the death of a teenager in a street fight, after an inquest revealed new information.
Jack Gudge, 17, died after being found unconscious in Wimborne Road, Winton, Bournemouth, in July 2016.
An inquest witness named a suspect who she said kicked the teenager while he lay on the ground.
Dorset Police said it had considered the new evidence and had decided it did not provide any new lines of inquiry.
The inquest heard the teenager punched a boy and was then hit by another person.
Jack's girlfriend, Nicole Kearley, said he "flopped like there was no weight in his body, downwards".
Det Ch Insp Neil Devoto told the hearing there was evidence to support the attacker's claim that he punched Jack in self-defence.
Other witnesses said a number of men kicked him in the head and legs, although pathologist Deborah Cook said there was no evidence of this.
The teenager died after suffering a brain injury "augmented by alcohol", she said.
In a narrative verdict on Tuesday, Assistant Coroner Richard Middleton recorded that Jack died from "injuries following an altercation".
Jack's mother, Jolene Keenan, said the family was considering a private prosecution against the suspect named by the witness.
In October, Dorset Police said its investigation had ended with the release of a fourth suspect, a 24-year-old man, without charge.
John Montague from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said previously: "I am of the view that we cannot prove that [his] actions...were unlawful."