Pop star Tulisa loses V Festival assault appeal
Singer Tulisa Contostavlos has lost an appeal against her conviction for assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival.
The former X Factor judge, 26, was found guilty of hitting Savvas Morgan at the V Festival in Chelmsford, Essex, in August 2013.
She was ordered to pay £3,020 by Stratford Magistrates' Court last July.
A judge upheld the conviction, saying she had experienced "a lack of self-control" when she struck Mr Morgan.
But her sentence was altered so she did not have to pay £100 compensation to Mr Morgan, and a fine of £200 was changed to a conditional discharge.
Contostavlos will also have to pay an additional £1,500 in appeal costs.
At Snaresbrook Crown Court, Judge David Radford said Contostavlos accepted she became verbally aggressive.
"We find she was not calm, this was a lack of self-control - the reasons, we understand - and for a brief moment, we find that she did strike Mr Morgan, before very speedily the incident was brought to an end," he said.
During her trial, Contostavlos claimed Mr Morgan had a "strange obsession" with her and conducted a "vendetta" against her after a confrontation in a nightclub.
In the same week as her conviction for assault, a trial involving Contostavlos collapsed when a judge at Southwark Crown Court said there were "strong grounds" to believe undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood had lied on the witness stand.
Contostavlos had denied brokering a drugs deal, which had been reported in The Sun on Sunday in 2013.