Gloucester's Grange Primary School closed after gas leak
More than 300 pupils have been sent home after a gas leak forced the closure of their school in Gloucester.
Staff alerted authorities to say they could smell gas when they arrived at Grange Primary School in Tuffley.
A spokesman for Gloucestershire County Council confirmed the site had been "shut down".
The school will remain closed until an investigation takes place and repairs are carried out, the spokesman added.
A statement from Wales and West Utilities said: "Our engineer attended the school, identified the leak and isolated it to make the area safe.
"The school is now making the necessary arrangements for the leak to be repaired as it is on part of their gas pipework which is not our responsibility to repair."