Human waste fell from on to Cheltenham hospital patient
Human waste fell from a hospital ceiling on to a patient in a ward.
It happened on Wednesday morning in Guiting Ward at Cheltenham General Hospital after a fault with a pipe, the hospital said.
A hospital spokesman said the fault "resulted in a patient coming into contact with waste from that pipe".
He said all patients in the area were relocated, a section of pipe and ceiling tiles were replaced and the ward was cleaned and made safe.
"Whilst we recognise that this was a deeply unpleasant experience, we have reassured our patient that any clinical risk as a result of this accident is minimal and we have apologised to those affected", the spokesman added.
A patient who was on the ward at the time told the BBC the incident caused an unpleasant "stink".