Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Portsmouth pensioner rescued from chip pan fire

An elderly woman is recovering after being rescued from her home following a chip pan fire.

The blaze started at about 2230 BST in Jervis Road, in the Cosham area of Portsmouth.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service dispatched 12 firefighters after being alerted that people were trapped.

The woman, who was led to safety by paramedics, was taken to the Queen Alexandra Hospital for treatment after breathing in smoke.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites