Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Father and daughter in Havant barbecue fire

A Hampshire father and his three-year-old daughter were taken to hospital with burns after petrol was used on a barbecue.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service received a call at 15:51 BST on Friday to a house in Wildmoor Walk, West Leigh, Havant.

The pair suffered from burns to their arms and legs.

Watch manager Craig Sadler said the consequences could have been "catastrophic".

He added: "You should never use any kind of accelerant when cooking on a barbecue.

"Not only can the fire quickly spread causing damage to your property, more importantly the out-of-control fire can put people at risk of getting burnt."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites