Worcestershire County Council has approved plans to cut £40m from its budget for the next financial year.
Councillors are looking at how they can make savings in their transport, library and children's services.
Last month, 724 workers, most of whom work for the children's services department, were sent letters by the council saying their jobs were at risk.
The Conservative-run council said it must save £70m over the next four years.
Councillors had previously said they needed to make £20m worth of savings for the coming financial year.
A budget total of £337m was approved for 2011/12 at the meeting on Thursday.
Labour councillor Peter McDonald said he was worried about what affect the cuts may have.
"I know first hand the people that are going to be affected by this," he said.
"The elderly will not be receiving the care they need.
"They won't be able to get to the hospital and doctors appointments because of the cutbacks in transport.
"I'm also concerned about the future generation of young people because a number of students are going to find it extremely difficult to get to school."