School support for Luke Simpkins who inhaled butane
A minute's silence has been held by pupils at the school of a 15-year-old boy from Hereford who is seriously ill in hospital after inhaling butane gas.
Luke Simpkins, a pupil at Aylestone Business and Enterprise College, was taken to hospital on Saturday night after paramedics were called to a flat.
A second boy who was also taken to hospital has since been discharged.
Friends of Luke are expected to release balloons and Chinese lanterns later to show they are thinking about him.
Butane gas is commonly found in cigarette lighter refills or aerosol sprays.
The school's head teacher Sue Woodrow said everyone was "very concerned for Luke's health".
She said all their pupils received drug guidance sessions.
She added: "We have talked to our students about Luke's current condition and are in close contact with his family.
"Our focus at the moment is on supporting Luke's family and doing all we can to help them through this incredibly upsetting and difficult time."