Community thanked for Bridlington fire deaths support
The grandmother of three young children who died in a house fire in Bridlington has said "amazing" community support has helped her get through the pain.
Sharon Hudson's 27-year-old daughter Samantha remains critically ill in hospital and is unaware her children are dead.
Maddie Hudson, three, Anthony Hudson, five, and William Beale, nine, died in the fire on 11 November.
Mrs Hudson said: "What the community has done, it's like one big family."
She added that fundraising events had been organised and the town's support had given her strength.
"Everyone is pulling together for Samantha.
"They've given us a lot of strength, a lot of encouragement, they've helped us go on."
Mrs Hudson said although doctors had said her daughter had suffered extensive brain damage she was hopeful of her recovery.
"I am very hopeful," she said.
"I can't imagine her not being our Samantha. She's our Samantha and even though she's lying in the hospital now she's still our Samantha and we love her and will never abandon her.
"She needs us more now than anything in the world, we're all she's got."
Mrs Hudson said Christmas would never be the same without her grandchildren.
"We're going to miss them. We miss them already. It just seems like Christmas will never be the same again.
"They loved Christmas. We always made Christmas special. It's the time of year we can do something special because we're not a rich family. Last year we had such a brilliant time."
She added: "I don't know what to tell Samantha. None of us want to tell her. The kids were her life, they were all she had and they're gone, her life has gone."
Police have said there is nothing to indicate that the fire was anything other than an accident.