Goole landlords require multiple occupancy licences

  • Published

Landlords in part of East Yorkshire have been reminded they may need a council licence to rent a property.

The multiple occupancy licence was introduced in January to ensure Goole properties were "managed effectively".

Landlords require a licence if their property is two or more storeys tall and occupied by four or more people who do not form a single household.

East Riding of Yorkshire Council said the licence would ensure tenant safety remained a "priority."

Any landlords who think they may need a licence should contact the council.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.