Hull Marathon organiser admits 'mistakes were made'
The organiser of the first Hull Marathon has admitted that "mistakes were made" with the event.
Race director Karl Jackson said the errors were "not acceptable" and he would be holding meetings in an attempt to iron out the problems.
The winner of the women's race was disqualified after inadvertently taking a wrong turn.
More than 1,400 runners took part in the 26.2 mile race through the city's streets on Sunday.
Mr Jackson said there had been a problem with stewarding along the route.
"Stewards in a lot of the key places failed to arrive and failed to get on site on time," he said.
Despite the problems, Mr Jackson said he hoped to run the event next year.
"Mistakes were made," he said.
"Part of the review that I'm going through now is to address every one of those mistakes and ensure they never happen again."
Edwin Bellamy, who licenses race events in the Yorkshire region for the sport's governing body England Athletics, said he wished his association had been involved in the organisation of the race at an earlier stage.
Mr Bellamy, who attended the race, said: "I was only asked to provide a referee, and the referee and the starter were the only people who were qualified officials."