Dog's 'lucky escape' after eating Kinder Surprise egg

Dog x-ray and turtle toy Image copyright Blue Cross
Image caption The toy of Michelangelo, one of the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. was spotted after Bobo the dog was given an x-ray

A dog has had a lucky escape after swallowing a chocolate egg with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy inside.

Bobo's owners took the nine-year-old Weimaraner to the vets in Grimsby after he was sick several times and had stopped eating.

Vets operated after the Michaelangelo toy, housed inside the plastic casing of a Kinder Surprise egg, showed up on an X-ray.

It was removed from his stomach and Bobo has since made a full recovery.

Image copyright Blue Cross
Image caption Bobo has since made a full recovery after several days of treatment

Veterinary nurse Tracy Nicholson said the surgical team was shocked to find Bobo had swallowed both the plastic shell and the toy.

"Foreign bodies like toys can cause blockages inside a dog's gut, which can sadly be fatal if not removed in time, so they need to be treated quickly," she added.

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites