Kent

Kent man injured in bonfire explosion near Cuxton

A man has been taken to hospital with severe burns after a bonfire he was tending caused a can of flammable liquid to explode.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called to open ground off the A228 near Cuxton at about 14:00 BST on Saturday.

Station manager Darren Jenner said petrol, paraffin and white spirit should be kept away from bonfires.

He said: "Our advice is never to use them to get a bonfire going... The results can be catastrophic."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites