Operation Stack lifted after Channel Tunnel lorry fire
Traffic restrictions have finally been lifted in Kent a week after a lorry fire forced the closure of the Channel Tunnel.
Operation Stack had been in place all week on the M20, to allow lorries to queue while they waited to travel to France via the tunnel.
It was lifted on Saturday evening, making the motorway available for all traffic, Kent Police said.
Eurotunnel began operating a full commercial service again on Friday.
Traffic problems began with the lorry fire on 17 January, close to the Calais end of the tunnel.
The tunnel reopened the following day but problems with the power supply caused delays throughout last week.
On Friday, Kent Police and Crime Commissioner Ann Barnes said police officers should be "doing their proper job" and not "babysitting" lorry drivers in Operation Stack.
Dover District Council said the government had ordered an urgent review to look at the resilience of the road network in the area and its ability to cope with periods of severe congestion at Eurotunnel and the Channel ports.