Discarded cigarette destroys part of Chorley house

  • Published

A discarded cigarette sparked a fire which destroyed the first floor of a house in Lancashire.

Firefighters were called to Lydgate in Chorley just after midnight on Monday and discovered flames coming from the bedroom window.

Two people inside the house managed to flee the fire before crews arrived.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said they are urging people not to smoke in bed.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.