Lancashire

Man dies in fire at ground floor flat in Nelson

A man has died in a fire at a flat in Lancashire.

The emergency services were called to the property in Essex Street, Nelson, just after 2300 GMT on Tuesday.

Fire crews forced their way into the ground floor and first floor flats. They discovered the man in a front bedroom on the ground floor.

The man has not yet been identified. A joint investigation between the police and fire service is underway but the fire is not thought to be suspicious.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites