BBC News

Five rescued from Great Harwood house fire by passer-by

Published
A mother and her four children managed to escape from a fire at a house in Lancashire with help from a passer-by, the fire service has said.
The blaze started in the kitchen of the mid-terraced house in Lomax Street, Great Harwood, just before 0240 GMT.
Witnesses told Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service that a man walking by saw the smoke and smashed a window before helping the family to safety.
All five are being treated in hospital for the effects of breathing in smoke.
None of them are seriously hurt.