Leeds house explosion leaves man and boy injured
A man and a 15-year-old boy have been injured in an explosion inside a house in Leeds.
The blast, which badly damaged the property in Aysgarth Place, Richmond Hill on Saturday night, is thought to have been caused by a gas lighter.
A man in his 30s suffered burns to his arms and face and the boy was left with head injuries in the explosion just before 2100 GMT.
A woman who returned to the house after the incident was treated for shock.
More than 20 firefighters dealt with the incident at the mid-terrace house.
The property was so seriously damaged that structural engineers from Leeds City Council have been called in to assess whether it needs to be demolished.
West Yorkshire Fire Service investigators were due to return to the scene on Sunday.
Related Internet Links
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.