Donington track passes crucial inspection
International motor racing is set to return to Donington after a visit by inspectors.
The track has been unusable since the previous leaseholders' company went into administration last year after a failed bid to host Formula One.
Officials from motor racing's governing bodies visited the track on Friday to survey work by the new leaseholder, Adroit Group.
The first car race meeting will be held at the beginning of September.
Delegates from the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) and the Motor Sports Association (MSA) gave Donington Park Limited (DPL), set up by Adroit to run the venue, permission to complete the planned safety works.
Steve Watton, DPL operations director, said: "I would like to thank everyone who has expressed messages of support through the difficult months.
"But Donington is back. I now ask the many British motor racing fans out there to show their support by coming to see our races."
In May Adroit signed a 25-year lease with owner Kevin Wheatcroft and said it would invest £2m in the circuit.
Philip French, of Donington Park Racing Association Club, said: "This is great news. Donington is a famous racing venue and to have that back is a great feeling."