Elderly woman rescued from house fire in Stamford


An elderly woman has been rescued from a fire at a house in Lincolnshire.

Crews went to Fir Road in Stamford at about 0340 BST. The conservatory was severely damaged by fire with smoke damage to the rest of the house.

The fire service said the fire at the two-storey building had been caused by combustible materials left too near a heater in the conservatory.

A woman aged in her 80s was given oxygen at the scene before being taken to hospital.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.