Evacuated road reopens after Lincoln shed fire

Residents of a Lincoln road have been allowed to return to their homes after being evacuated because of a shed fire.

Dozens of houses in the Saville Street area were evacuated after the shed, containing gas canisters, caught fire.

The fire service sent five appliances to the street and people within a 200m radius were asked to leave their homes as a precaution.

The fire service said the canisters "were no longer any cause for concern".

A spokesman said the blaze had begun accidentally.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites