Double shooting murder detectives make second arrest

Sabrina Moss
Image caption Sabrina Moss died in hospital

A second man has been arrested over the shooting of a mother who was fatally wounded while out celebrating her 24th birthday in north London.

He was detained after nursery teacher Sabrina Moss, from Neasden, one of two women shot in Kilburn, died.

Ms Moss, who had a four-year-old boy, died in hospital, where a second woman, also 24, is still being treated.

Ms Moss's family issued a statement saying they had been devastated by this "horrific incident".

Met Police said the second man was being held at a north London police station while the first man arrested in connection with the investigation is also in custody.

Police and the London Ambulance Service were called at 04:12 BST on Saturday, to reports of the shooting in Kilburn High Road, where they found the injured women.

Image caption One card to Ms Moss left at a makeshift memorial in Kilburn reads 'good friends are hard to find'

The second woman recovering in hospital is described as critical but stable.

Detectives from the force's Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating the murder.

Det Ch Insp John Sandlin, of the Met, described the shooting as a "tragic incident".

"At this early stage, I believe the two women were innocent parties who were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time," he said.

Ms Moss's family said in their statement: "Our family has been devastated by this horrific incident that has changed our lives forever.

"Sabrina was a fun-loving girl who made friends wherever she went.

"She was a lovely daughter and a perfect mother to her young son, whom she adored.

"She cherished working as a nursery teacher and treasured working with the children, who undoubtedly will miss her dearly."

They urged anyone with information about the shooting to contact the police.

Det Ch Insp Sandlin also made an appeal for witnesses.

"In particular, I need to hear from anyone who saw two males who came into the High Road from Messina Avenue and, after the shooting, made off on foot back along Messina Avenue," he said.

An incident room has been set up at Hendon police station, which can be contacted on 0208 358 0300. Witnesses can also contact Crimestoppers.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites