Nazi-salute man drove at curry shop owner in Harrow

Marek Zakrocki Image copyright Metropolitan Police
Image caption Marek Zakrocki shouted "white power" before using his van as a weapon

A supporter of the far-right group Britain First gave a Nazi salute and drove at a curry house owner during a drunken rampage in London.

The Old Bailey heard Marek Zakrocki shouted "white power" before using his van as a weapon outside Spicy Night in Harrow on 23 June.

The 48-year-old window fitter was heard to say "I'm going to kill a Muslim. I'm doing it for Britain".

He pleaded guilty to dangerous driving and beating his wife.

Prosecutor Denis Barry said: "Mr Zakrocki had plainly, during the course of that afternoon, had far too much to drink.

"During the course of that evening he assaulted his wife, drove off in his work vehicle, insulted a series of passers-by and then drove his vehicle at the owner of a curry house, breaking the window of the curry house.

"It's plain that his conduct is very likely to have been motivated by his views about our diverse society."

Image copyright Google
Image caption The drunken rampage took place at the Spicy Night restaurant in Harrow

The attack happened on the anniversary of the Brexit vote.

The court heard he had also said at the time: "This is how I'm going to help the country. You people cannot do anything."

Nazi coin

Following his arrest by armed officers, a Nazi coin was found in his pocket and copies of Britain First newspapers and flyers at his home in Harrow.

Mr Barry said Zakrocki had been "fixated" by Muslims and had made donations to Britain First in the past.

The court heard Zakrocki's van mounted the pavement twice before making contact with restaurant owner Kamal Ahmed.

The windows of the curry house were also smashed during the attack, some of which was caught on CCTV.

Jonathan Lennon, defending, said Zakrocki had "not intended to kill anybody".

Zakrocki will be sentenced later.

Further charges of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm and having a knife in Northolt Road, Harrow, were ordered to lie on file.