Hayes triple death crash victims 'incredible boys'

From left: George Wilkinson, Harry Louis Rice and Josh McGuinness
Image caption (From left) George Wilkinson, Harry Rice and Josh McGuinness died after a car mounted the pavement in Hayes, West London

Tributes have been paid to three boys who were hit by a car and killed while walking to a birthday party.

Harry Rice, 17, Josh McGuinness and George Wilkinson, both 16, died after the crash in Hayes, west London, on 26 January.

The boys were described as "incredible" and popular. George, who was a kick-boxer, was a "great martial artist", his coach said.

A vigil was held near their homes in Harefield on Friday.

Balloons were released on the village green in their memory and candles were lit.

Josh's sister Melissa Weston said the vigil provided "some joy in this sad time", adding that the boys "were just incredible and had so many friends".

Image caption Melissa Weston paid tribute to her brother Josh McGuinness

Dave Gentry, from Rock Solid Kickboxing, said losing the teenagers has "hit the community so badly".

Mr Gentry taught George and Josh kick-boxing for five years and said George was a black belt in the making.

Image caption Dave Gentry, from Rock Solid Kickboxing, said losing the teenagers has "hit the community so badly"

He was "cheeky, loveable and fun" as well as talented, his coach said.

A fundraising event by the kick-boxing club in Uxbridge to raise money for the London Ambulance Service has had more than £1,000 in donations.

"It's devastating. So much is being done by everybody," Mr Gentry said.

"A message from George's dad to everybody is that he cannot thank you enough for all that you're doing, all that you care about."

Image copyright Charlotte Bennett
Image caption A tribute event hosted by the kick-boxing club saw candles circle the area George and Josh used to train in

The boys were on their way to a 16th birthday party with a group of friends when the incident happened, close to the Esso garage near junction four of the M4.

Jaynesh Chudasama, 28, has been charged with three counts of causing death by dangerous driving.

A 34-year-old man was released under investigation after handing himself in at a police station in north London on 28 January.

More on this story