An arson attack has led to the closure of a block flats in Bolton after they were found to breach a number of fire safety regulations.
One woman had to be rescued from the fire at the property in St Georges Road at about 0140 BST on Tuesday.
Twelve others managed to escape unharmed from the premises.
After an investigation, fire safety officers found there was an inadequate means of escape and poor fire resistance throughout the building.
The rescued woman, aged 23, is recovering in hospital with smoke inhalation. She is in a stable condition.
Police said accelerant was poured through the door of the building and set alight.
However, a fire investigation also revealed serious shortcomings in the upkeep of the privately-owned property.
Deputy county fire officer Jim Owen said: "It is the property owner's responsibility to ensure that the building is suitably risk assessed and the relevant safety measures are suitable and sufficient for the safety of those residing within."
The closure will affect the residents in the nine flats, leaving them temporarily without accommodation, the fire service said.
Police have asked for anyone with information about the arson to come forward.