Manchester

Neighbour rescues man from house fire in Salford

A man was rescued from his burning home in Greater Manchester by a neighbour.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen of the property on Kershope Grove in Salford on Sunday morning.

Three fire engines were called to the scene at about 09:40 BST and the rescued man was taken to hospital suffering from severe smoke inhalation.

A second man also escaped from the terraced property and is recovering in hospital, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites