Toddler 'improving' after Bolton house fire
The condition of a three-year-old boy who was left critically ill after being rescued from a house fire in Bolton is "improving", police have said.
The boy was found in an upstairs room of the house on Longden Street, Halliwell, at about 18:50 BST on Monday.
A one-year-old girl was rescued from the house before fire crews arrived and was treated for minor injuries.
Police and fire crews found the fire had not been started deliberately.
However, a Greater Manchester Police spokesman said the circumstances leading up to the fire remained under investigation.
Fire investigators are looking to establish who was in the house at the time of the fire and how the boy came to be injured.
After rescuing the boy, firefighters treated him for the effects of smoke inhalation before paramedics took over. Both children were taken to Royal Bolton Hospital.
One firefighter received minor burns to his forearms during the rescue.