Manchester

Dog dies after eating unknown substance found in park

Reddish Vale Country Park
Image caption The substance was found in Reddish Vale Country Park

Police in Cheshire are warning dog walkers to take care after a number of dogs became ill after ingesting an unknown substance at a Stockport park.

The substance was found near to Woodhall Fields car park in Reddish Vale Country Park on Friday.

The report was made by a local vet who treated a number of dogs who were taken ill, including one which died.

Insp Pete Smith said they were working with the council "to establish how the dogs came to be ill".

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites