Fir Bank Primary: Electrician killed installing cooker

Fir Bank Primary School Royton Image copyright Google
Image caption The electrician was installing a cooker at the school

An electrician died after a receiving a shock as he installed a new cooker at a Greater Manchester primary school.

Paramedics tried to revive Jason Haslem, 24, after the incident at Fir Bank Primary School, in Oldham on Thursday afternoon.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are carrying out a joint investigation.

"At this stage, it would appear to be a tragic accident," said a GMP spokesman.

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites