Bearded dragon given oxygen after Bolton fire rescue

Lizard with oxygen Image copyright GMFRS
Image caption The bearded dragon was given oxygen through a mask in the fire engine

Firefighters treated a bearded dragon lizard pulled from a house fire in Greater Manchester by giving it oxygen.

Crews were called to the terraced house on Chorley Old Road, Bolton, on Wednesday morning after reports of a blaze in the kitchen.

The fire service said the reptile, which was found in its tank, was given oxygen using a mask in the fire engine.

It is thought an electrical fault behind a fridge-freezer caused the fire.

Bearded dragons are originally from Australia and can grow up to 70cm (2ft) in length.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites