Liverpool

Girl gets head wedged in biscuit tin in Southport

A three-year-old girl from Southport was rescued by fire crews after her head became stuck in a biscuit tin.

The girl was brought into Southport Community Fire Station by her mother just before 15:10 BST on Monday.

It is believed the child was playing with the tin on her head when she fell and it became wedged.

Firefighters used tin snips to cut it and free her. An ambulance was called and she was checked over by paramedics but was unharmed.

Peter Kirkham, watch manager at Southport Community Fire Station, said: "The little girl was playing and had been using the tin as a hat. However, she fell and it became wedged.

"She was very distressed when she was brought in and we managed to calm her down.

"We cut into the tin to open it and slide it off her head."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites