Norfolk

Lenwade power back on after workshop fire blasts

Lenwade fire scene
Image caption Three oxy-acetylene cylinders exploded during the fire

Power is back on at homes and businesses in a Norfolk village which lost the electricity supply following a fire in a workshop.

Villagers in Lenwade had to leave their homes on Sunday afternoon while crews tackled the fire in Heath Close.

A 200m exclusion zone was set up as five oxy-acetylene cylinders were inside the burning workshop. Three of the cylinders exploded.

Residents were later allowed back home and power was restored on Monday.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites