Norfolk

Warning over Spiced Scorpion incense smoking death

A coroner has warned about the dangers of legal highs after a man died after smoking incense at his Norfolk home.

Dane Allison, 49, of King's Lynn, "regularly smoked" incense labelled "not for human consumption".

An inquest in King's Lynn heard it was not possible to link his death on 19 February to smoking incense that day.

Coroner William Armstrong recorded a narrative verdict and said "just because something is legal does not mean it is beneficial".

Partner Clive Grant said he and Mr Allison had been smoking the "very strong" Spiced Scorpion incense for three years and done so at home in North Everard Street on the evening of 19 February.

Mr Allison complained of feeling unwell and an ambulance was called.

He died later that night of cardiac failure, the inquest heard.

Mr Armstrong was told a post-mortem examination revealed undetected heart disease and it was impossible to establish whether the incense contributed to Mr Allison's death.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites