Norfolk

Raymond Rouse inquest: Mystery still surrounds fire death

Foul play has been ruled out in the death of an 82-year-old man whose body was found in a bathroom of his North Norfolk home.

Raymond Rouse died in a fire at his home in Calthorpe in February.

Mr Rouse had a heart condition but a verdict of accidental death was recorded at the inquest, in Norwich.

Jacqueline Lake, deputy coroner for Norfolk, said she was satisfied there was no foul play. Post-mortem tests revealed Mr Rouse had heart disease.

He had also breathed in toxic fumes, the inquest was told

The police and fire service could not pinpoint the exact cause of the fire but spent matches were found in the kitchen.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites