Carlsberg brewery ammonia leak death worker identified

Carlsberg brewery in Northampton Image copyright Geograph/Oast House Archive
Image caption The emergency services said the gas leak was confined to the Carlsberg brewery site in Northampton

The Carlsberg brewery worker who died after an ammonia leak has been identified by police.

David Chandler, 45, from Bridgnorth in Shropshire, was working at the plant in Northampton on 9 November when the leak happened.

Fifty firefighters were called and 22 people needed hospital treatment.

Post-mortem tests found Mr Chandler's death was caused by inhaling ammonia. A 51-year-old man who was critically ill is said to be improving in hospital.

Northamptonshire Police said officers are still at the scene and are working with the Health and Safety Executive.

More on this story and others in Northamptonshire

Image caption Twenty-one people, including brewery workers and emergency crew members, were discharged after hospital treatment, but one man remains in hospital

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites