A reformed arsonist has helped make a short film about the dangers of fireworks and trick or treating.
In November 2007, Lewis Colwell almost burnt down a house when he posted a lit firework through the letterbox.
Mr Colwell, now 20, hopes to prevent future attacks by speaking about the fire he caused and how he endangered lives when his prank went wrong.
The film is called Pick Your Trick and can be seen on Thames Valley Police's YouTube page.
'Stay at home'
Mr Colwell was given a £5,000 fine and 300 hours of community service for his crime which nearly killed the family of four who were asleep in the house at the time.
Mr Colwell said: "I didn't think about the consequences at all. I expected the firework just to go bang and it went totally the opposite way."
His advice to anyone thinking of making mischief at Halloween is: "Don't bother going out. Stay at home or find something better to do."
The film, which was premiered on Wednesday at Bartholomew School in Eynsham, features four students from the school and Mr Colwell.