Oxford

Didcot fatal candle fire victim identified

Fire engine outside the flats
Image caption An unattended candle is thought to have caused the fire

A woman who died in a fire thought to have been caused when a candle was left unattended has been identified as a 39-year-old who lived at the address.

Francine Kabamba died at her flat in Kibble Close, Didcot, in the early hours of Thursday.

Smoke and flames were spotted coming from the window of the first-floor property. Neighbours tried to rescue the woman but were forced back.

An inquest was opened and adjourned at Oxfordshire Coroner's Office earlier.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites