Oxford

'Brave men' praised for Oxfordshire flat fire rescue

A neighbour and police community support officer who rescued a man from his burning Oxfordshire home have been praised for their bravery by the fire service.

The pair forced their way into the ground floor flat in Knights Road, Blackbird Leys, after a smoke alarm sounded at about 1815 BST on Wednesday.

Fire crews arrived at the scene within minutes to put out the blaze, which was caused by unattended cooking.

The man is recovering in hospital.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites